Under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana, Women Account Holders to Receive Rs 500 Per Month from Today
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman.
Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) is National Mission for Financial Inclusion to ensure access to financial services, namely, Banking/ Savings & Deposit Accounts, Remittance, Credit, Insurance, Pension in an affordable manner.
The Indian Banks’ Association (IBA) on Wednesday asked banks to start depositing Rs 500 directly into the accounts held by women under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY). The remittance under the recently announced Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana.
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman had assured the women Jan Dhan account holders that Rs 500 would be deposited in their accounts for the next three months starting April 3 while announcing relief package of Rs 1.7 lakh crore. Such steps have been taken to ease the stress of the sections worst hit by lockdown imposed due to coronavirus.
The remittance under the scheme will be provided between April 3 and April 9. The IBA has said that amount will be deposited as per a schedule to ensure an orderly withdrawal of money. The money will be put into bank accounts of women as per the last digit of their Jan Dhan account numbers.
Account numbers that end with 0 or 1 will receive money on April 3, while those with 2 or 3 as last digits will get the amount on April 4. Similarly, account holders with 4 or 5 as the last digits will get the remittance on April 7. The money will be deposited in account numbers ending with 6 or 7 on April 8. Account numbers with 8 or 9 as their last digit will receive the remittance on April 9.
Beneficiaries can withdraw this money from the nearest ATMs and there is no need to rush to their bank’s branches at the time when people are advised to practice social distancing.
Special Benefits under PMJDY Scheme
- Interest on deposit.
- Accidental insurance cover of Rs. 2 lakhs
- No minimum balance required.
- The scheme provide life cover of Rs. 30,000/- payable on death of the beneficiary, subject to fulfillment of the eligibility condition.
- Easy Transfer of money across India
- Beneficiaries of Government Schemes will get Direct Benefit Transfer in these accounts.
- After satisfactory operation of the account for 6 months, an overdraft facility will be permitted
- Access to Pension, insurance products.
- The Claim under Personal Accidental Insurance under PMJDY shall be payable if the Rupay Card holder have performed minimum one successful financial or non-financial customer induced transaction at any Bank Branch, Bank Mitra, ATM, POS, E-COM etc. Channel both Intra and Inter-bank i.e. on-us (Bank Customer/rupay card holder transacting at same Bank channels) and off-us (Bank Customer/Rupay card holder transacting at other Bank Channels) within 90 days prior to date of accident including accident date will be included as eligible transactions under the Rupay Insurance Program 2019-2020.
- Overdraft facility upto Rs. 10,000/- is available in only one account per household, preferably lady of the household.