NTSE Exam 2022 – National Talent Search Examination : NTSE or National Talent Search Examination is a national level exam conducted by the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) for granting scholarships to the meritorious students studying in class 10th. NTSE is only held for 10th standard students and the exam is conducted in two different stages – Stage I and II.
The first stage exam is a state-level exam and is conducted by all the Indian states and UTs. On the other hand, NTSE stage II is conducted for those students who clear the first stage. As mentioned earlier, only those who qualify in NTSE stage 1 will be eligible to write the Stage II exam. This is the main criteria. Meanwhile, the objective of organizing NTSE is to award scholarships to potential candidates who are aspiring to pursue higher education in the field of Science or Social Studies. With these scholarships, students will be able to continue their education in their desired stream. NTSE scholarship will be awarded on the basis of the overall performance of students in both the stages of the examination.
NTSE Exam Overview :
- NTSE Exam Overview :
- NTSE 2022 Important Dates :
- NTSE Scholarship Information :
- NTSE Exam Eligibility Criteria 2022 :
- NTSE Eligibility for Stage 1 (State level examination)
- NTSE Eligibility for Stage 2 (National level examination) :
- NTSE Eligibility for Students Studying Abroad :
- How to fill Online NTSE Application Form 2020-21 (Stage 1)?
- NTSE 2022 Exam – Dates, Syllabus, Admit Card, Question Papers, Result
|Exam Name :||National Talent Search Examination (NTSE)|
|Conducting Body||National Council Of Educational Research and Training (NCERT)|
|Frequency of Exam||Once a year|
|Mode of Exam||Offline Exams|
|Exam Duration||4 Hrs (2 Hrs MAT and 2 Hrs SAT)|
NTSE 2022 Important Dates :
- Notification Date : 17/09/2022
- NTSE Application Form Start Date : 29/09/2022
- NTSE Application Form last date : 25/10/2022
- Submitted To DEO Office Last Date : 03/11/2022
- Exam Date : 16/01/2022
NTSE Scholarship Information :
- For Class XI to Class XII, a scholarship of Rs.1250/- per month is provided. Per Year 15000 Rs.
- For Undergraduates and Postgraduates, a scholarship of Rs.2000/- per month is provided. Per year 24000 Rs.
- For Ph.D., the scholarship amount is fixed in accordance with the UGC norms.
NTSE Exam Eligibility Criteria 2022 :
- NCERT has defined an age limit for the students to appear for the exam. Candidates should be below the age of 18 years (as on July 1, 2022).
NTSE Eligibility for Stage 1 (State level examination)
- students who are pursuing their studies from schools in India are eligible to appear in the stage 1 exam. Eligibility criteria are as follows:
The candidate must be a Class X student from any Government/ Private schools in India.
There is no domicile restriction. The candidate can be from any State/Union Territory of India.
The candidates studying in open or distance learning are also eligible to write NTSE 2020, provided they are less than 18 years of age, not employed and are appearing for Class X board examination for the first time.
NTSE Eligibility for Stage 2 (National level examination) :
- Only the students who qualified in stage 1 (state-level examination) are eligible to appear for Stage 2 examination. The roll number, venue, date of examination details will be conveyed to the selected candidates by NCERT through its official website.
NTSE Eligibility for Students Studying Abroad :
- Indian students studying abroad in Class X or equivalent are eligible to write stage 2 (second level examination) directly and are exempted from the stage 1 examination.
- The candidate must have scored 60% in the previous year’s annual examination.
- The candidate should appear for the examination in a center in India.
- The candidates must request through the Head of the Institution where he/she is studying, along with an attested copy of Class IX mark sheet. The request should reach the Head, Department of Educational Survey Division, NCERT, New Delhi by 31 December of the concerned year.
- The selected candidate will receive the scholarship only if he/she decides to pursue studies in India.
Interested students can contact the State/UT Liaison officer for procuring the NTSE application form. The completed application form should be signed by the Principal of the school well in advance before the last date of submission. No applications will be accepted after the last date for submission of the Application Form.
Different states may have different last dates for submission. Students are advised to check the dates and confirm them from the Liaison Officer of their state. The address and contact number of the Liaison Officer of the States/UTs are available (State-wise) can be viewed at NCERT’s website www.ncert.nic.in.
Candidates must note that all their queries related to the application form will be addressed only by the State Liaison Officers (LOs). They should not send their application to NCERT.
As for the application fees, the States and Union Territories will fix a certain amount and notify the candidates on how much they will need to pay. Candidates are advised to find out the fees charged for Stage-I Examination before filling and submitting their application forms. Also, check for the mode of payment for the fees from the respective State Liaison Officers (LOs). NCERT does not charge any fee for Stage-II examination.
How to fill Online NTSE Application Form 2020-21 (Stage 1)?
Some states release stage 1 NTSE 2020 application form through the official website. Students who meet the eligibility criteria can fill the NTSE stage 1 application form 2020-21 in online mode. They will have to upload documents attested by their Principal for online NTSE registration 2020-21. The steps to fill the NTSE form 2020-21 are given below.
- Step-1- Visit the sebexam.org website of respective state/UTs or click on the relevant link from the table given above.
- Step-2- Select the NTSE section available on the home page and click on the NTSE 2022 application form.
- Step-3- Enter the details in online NTSE form 2022 such as student name, date of birth, gender, caste, mobile number, academic details, family income and more.
- Step-4- Upload the scanned photograph, signature file and other documents as required.
- Step-5- Pay the application fee (if applicable) through online mode.
- Step-6- Download the filled-in NTSE application form 2022 and submit at the school. After reviewing the applications, the Head/ Principal of the School will send the forms to the State Liaison Officer.
NTSE 2022 Exam – Dates, Syllabus, Admit Card, Question Papers, Result
National Talent Search Exam (NTSE), initially known as NSTSS (National Science Talent Search Scheme), is a scholarship examination that takes place on a national level to identify and enhance the skills, logical reasoning, and mental-ability of students.
The all-India competitive examination is conducted annually for class 10 students in two stages – Stage 1 (State-Level) & Stage 2 (National Level). If a candidate wants to be eligible to receive the scholarship, he/she will have to clear both exams.
Students have the leverage to apply both online and offline for the NTSE 2022 exam. Students residing in India as well as those who are pursuing their education from other countries are also eligible for NTSE. The main objective of the NTSE exam is to evaluate a particular set of abilities in students, which
SCERT or same state authorities conduct the Stage 1 examination, whereas Stage 2 is conducted at a national level by NCERT. Students who qualify for Stage 1 can appear for the Stage 2 exam.
The NTSE exam comprises of two papers – Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) & Mental Ability Test (MAT). They both have 100 questions of 1 mark each and students get 2 hours for each paper. Out of all, 2000 candidates are shortlisted and awarded monthly scholarships.
|SocioEducation News Website|
|ગુજરાતના તમામ શૈક્ષણિક સમાચાર, નોકરીની માહિતી, સરકારી યોજના, સ્પર્ધાત્મક પરીક્ષાનું મટીરીયલ્સ સહીત વધુ વાંચો SocioEducation પર|