Gujarat Government Schemes 2020-21 : Chief Minister Vijay Rupani has announced an aid scheme to encourage the use of battery powered three wheeler in the cities and towns of the state to curb air pollution from vehicles. Under this assistance scheme, the state government will also provide assistance of Rs 48,000 for the purchase of battery operated e-rickshaw three wheeler for individual and institutional beneficiaries and five thousand e-rickshaws will be given the benefit.
An important decision has been taken by the Rupani government for a pollution free environment.At the same time,the state government has announced a relief scheme to encourage the use of battery-powered two-wheelers and three-wheelers to curb air pollution from vehicles in towns and cities.
At the same time,the Gujarat government has become active in changing the special transport policy to ensure that more than 1 lakh electric vehicles run on the roads in the state in the next two years.
Under this assistance scheme,the government will provide assistance of Rs 12,000 to students studying from Std-9 to college in the state to purchase a battery-powered two-wheeler.The target is to provide subsidy to 10,000 vehicles.
Not only this, the state government will also provide assistance of Rs 48,000 for the purchase of battery operated e-rickshaw three wheeler for individual and institutional beneficiaries and five thousand e-rickshaws will be given the benefit.
A scheme of Rs 50 lakh has also been implemented to set up infrastructure facilities for charging battery powered vehicles.The Gujarat government has been active in changing the special transport policy to ensure that more than 1 lakh electric vehicles run on the roads in the state in the next two years.Not only that,but an incentive policy for the sale of electric vehicles is also being considered.
Where To Get The Application Form
Gujarat Energy Development Agency authorized dealer or from GEDA website.
List Of Documents For Assistance
- Bonofide certificate
- Self-certified marksheet of previous year 3.Copy of self certified student’s Aadhaar card / driving license
- Proof of self-certified residence electricity bill building tax bill
- Caste certificate issued by the competent authority of the student
- Self-certified copy of driving license only for high speed vehicles
Where Should The Application Forms Be Submitted?
The application form has to be submitted by the dealer after selecting the manufacturer and model.Assistance in this regard Rs. 12000 per vehicle
How To Avail The Benefit Of Subsidy
It will be credited to the bank account of the eligible student by GEDA as per the terms of the scheme.
Authorized manufacturer models of vehicles,maximum prices and where their dealer information will be available From GEDA website (Gujarat Energy Development Agency).
- Only battery operated vehicles can be purchased through this scheme.
- About 10 thousand vehicles will be provided under two wheeler scheme
- The assistance received through this scheme is twelve thousand rupees.
- Up to Rs 5,000 subsidy will be given in the scheme of electric rickshaw
- About five thousand vehicles will be provided under this scheme
- Battery powered electric rickshaws can be purchased under this scheme
How To Apply Online For This Scheme :
- Visit the Official Website of Gujarat Electric e-Vehicle Scheme i.e. https://geda.gujarat.gov.in
- On the Homepage, Click on the Option “Show All News” button.
- Form and Agency List link Display
- Download Form
Download Form(Two Wheeler)
Download Form(Three Wheeler)
Visit Official Website
The Gujarat government is also planning to introduce a subsidy scheme of up to Rs 2 lakh for battery powered vehicles and accounting infrastructure for charging.