Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Account application form, interest rate, calculator 2021 available, apply online for 7.6% interest in SSY& compare post office saving schemes, ssy account maturity period is at the age of 21 years, see ssy chart & use PM sukanya samriddhi yojana calculator
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (सुकन्या समृद्धि योजना) is an ambitious scheme of Narendra Modi Led NDA Government to reinforce the idea of “Save for every girl child”. As a part of “Beti Bachao Beti Padhao” campaign, Sukanya Samriddhi Account Scheme is a small saving scheme.
The scheme can also be considered as a part of the NDA government’s initiative to increase the domestic saving percentage which as dropped by 8% from 38% in 2008 to just 30% in 2013. The scheme will also encourage the parents to save for the girl child and spend on their education and marriage.
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Interest Rate 7.6% per annum (w.e.f 1 January 2021) which is calculated on yearly basis and then compounded yearly. People can check sukanya samriddhi yojana chart and calculate their interest earned through sukanya samriddhi yojana calculator. People can Compare All Post Office Schemes 2021 before making investment.
How to Open the Sukanya Samriddhi Account?
- Parents or the legal guardian can open an account for up to two girl child. In case of the twins or the triples, an exemption will be made on production of a certificate from authorized medical institutions.
- The account can be opened by the parents until the girl child attain the age of 10 years.
- The account can only be opened on the name of the girl child, the guardian will only be able to deposit the amount on behalf of the girl child.
- The account can be opened in Post office across India or the designate branches.
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Account Online Forms 2021
Here we are providing you the links of SSY Account Online forms which can be downloaded to open Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Account:-
SSY Account Opening Form (FORM I)
- SSY Application for Loan / Withdrawal (FORM 3) – Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Application Loan / Withdrawal
- Application for Transfer of SSY Account (FORM 5) – Sukanya Samriddhi Account Transfer Form
- Application for premature closure of SSY Account (FORM 8) – Sukanya Samriddhi Account Premature Closure Form
- Application for Closure of SSY Account (FORM 9) – Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Account Closure Form
Salient Features of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Account
- Sukanya Samriddhi Account has an attractive interest rate of 7.6% (1 January 2021 to 31 March 2021) which is regulated by Ministry of Finance from time to time (on quarterly basis)
- The account can be opened in the name of girl child till she attain the age of 10 years.
- Only one account can be opened in the name of a girl child.
- Account can be opened in the Post Offices or notified branches of the commercial banks like HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, PNB Bank, SBI Bank or any other bank across the country.
- Birth certificate of the girl child in whose name the account is opened must be produced and submitted.
- Account can be opened with a minimum amount of Rs. 250 and thereafter any amount can be deposited in multiples of Rs. 100/-.
- Deposits in an account can be made till completion of 14 years, from the date of opening of the account.
- A minimum of Rs. 250/- has to be deposited in a financial year.
- Interest @ as may be notified by the government from time to time will be calculated on yearly compounded basis and credited to the account.
- Maximum Rs. 1,50,000/- can be deposited in one financial year.
- One withdrawal shall be allowed on attaining the age of 18 years of account holder to meet education/marriage expenses at the rate of 50% of the balance at the credit of preceding financial year.
- The account can be transferred anywhere in India to any post office/bank.
- The account shall mature on the completion of 21 years from the date of opening of the account.
- More information about Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Account
- A penalty of Rs. 50 will be imposed if the account is not credited with the minimum amount.
- The guardians have to deposit amount for 14 years, no deposit is required after that till the maturity.
- A premature withdrawal (at the end of the previous financial year) of 50% of the accumulated amount is allowed after the girl child turns 18.
- The account can be closed after the completion of 21 years and the money can be withdrawn. If the amount is not withdrawn, it will continue to earn interest.
- As per Section 80C of Income Tax Act, the investment of Rs. 1.5 lakh per year including the earned interest will be completely exempted from the income tax.
- Investment in Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana scheme is exempted from Income Tax under section 80C. The scheme offers Tax Benefit under TripleE regimen ie. Principal, interest and outflow all are tax exempted.
Documents Required for Opening an Account?
- Birth certificate of the girl child.
- Address and photo identity proof (PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhar Card) of the guardian.
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana primarily focuses on the girl child and is flagship scheme of the Indian Post Office and of the Modi Govt.
Moreover, this interest earned is better than than the other Post Office Savings Scheme like Public Provident Fund, Kisan Vikas Patra, National Savings Certificate Scheme etc.