Learn to Read with Google App (વાંચતા શીખો) is a free and fun speech based reading tutor app designed for children aged 5 and above.It helps them improve their reading skills in English and many other languages (Hindi, Bangla, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu, Spanish & Portuguese) by encouraging them to read aloud interesting stories and collect stars and badges together with “Diya”, the friendly in app assistant
Read Along has an in-app reading buddy that listens to your young learner read aloud, offers assistance when they struggle and rewards them with stars when they do well – guiding them along as they progress. It works best for children who already have some basic knowledge of the alphabet.
Learn to Read with Google App
With many students currently at home due to school closures, families around the globe are looking for ways to help children grow their reading skills. To support families, today we’re sharing early access to Read Along by Google. Learn to Read with Google App It’s an Android app for children 5+ years old that helps them learn to read by giving verbal and visual feedback as they read stories out loud.
Read Along uses Google’s speech recognition technology to help develop literacy skills, and first launched in India (where it is available as “Bolo”). Learn to Read with Google After receiving encouraging feedback from parents, we’re excited to share this app with more young learners around the globe.
Help your students learn and practise reading both inside and outside the classroom with Read Along. It’ll help them gain confidence and grow a love for reading.
Simple first step! If we’re going to encourage kids to read we need to do it too. Read for pleasure, information, instructions, connecting with others, and so on. Read. Learn to Read with Google App a little more than you’ve been reading lately.
The Foundational Literacy and Numeracy mission
The Government of India, Ministry of Education in 2021, launched a National Initiative for Proficiency in Reading with Understanding and Numeracy (NIPUN Bharat), to ensure that every child in the country attains foundational literacy and numeracy (FLN) by the end of Grade 3, by 2026-27.
Inspire a love of reading in young learners
- Fun game-like experience: Keep young minds engaged with hundreds of stories and word games available in nine languages, including English and Spanish. Build confidence reading out loud with instant rewards of stars and badges
- Independent learning: Encourage all young learners to learn at their own pace and track their individual progress. Learners have unique profiles, and each advances on their own reading journey with recommended stories based on their reading level. If needed, they can tap on any word to hear it pronounced
Foster learning with confidence
- Zero cost with no ads or upsells: Keep them focused on what’s important – reading – and relax knowing there are no in-app purchases
- No Wi-Fi or data required: Once Install, provide a rich learning experience while relieving worries about unsupervised access to the Internet
- Private and secure: No name, age, specific location, contact, email address or phone number is required to use Read Along. Additionally, voice data is analyzed in real time on the device, but not stored or sent to Google servers
How Read Learn to Read with Google
Read Along helps kids independently learn and build their reading skills with the help of an in-app reading buddy named Diya. As kids read out loud, Diya uses Google’s text-to-speech and speech recognition technology to detect if a student is struggling or successfully reading the passage. She gives them positive and reinforcing feedback along the way, just as a parent or teacher would. Children can also tap Diya at any time for help pronouncing a word or a sentence.
Read Along keeps young minds engaged with a collection of diverse and interesting stories from around the world, and games sprinkled into those stories. Kids can collect stars and badges as they learn, which motivates them to keep playing and reading.
Parents can create profiles for multiple readers, who tap on their photo to learn at their own pace and to track their individual progress. Read Along will personalize the experience by recommending the right difficulty level of stories and games based on their reading level performance.
Learn to Read with Google Languages available:
With Read Along, children can read a variety of fun and engaging stories in different languages including:
- Spanish (Español)
- Portuguese (Português)
- Hindi (हिंदी)
- Bangla (বাংলা)
- Urdu (اردو)
- Telugu (తెలుగు)
- Marathi (मराठी)
- Tamil (தமிழ்)