There is a retention list for the IPL 2023, with most clubs retaining four players, the maximum permitted by the governing body. Dhoni, Jadeja, Gaikwad, and Ali have been owned by CSK Team for the IPL 2023 season. To learn more, read the article.
CSK Team 2023
The Chennai Super Kings (CSK) have released their roster of retained players for the Indian Premier League’s 2023 season. The deadline for all clubs to submit theirs possesses player list is November 30, 2021. All released players will auction in the impending IPL 2023 Mega Auction. Chennai Super Kings supporters are ecstatic this time since the team has retained MS Dhoni. MS Dhoni, Ravindra Jadeja, Moeen Ali, and Ruturaj Gaikwad retains. MS Dhoni will undoubtedly play the last IPL match at Chennai Stadium.
Two more franchises will be to the IPL in 2023. (from Ahmedabad and Lucknow). The bulk of players will auction off, so the cash-rich tournament will see another great auction similar to IPL 2011. After beating Kolkata Knight Riders by 27 runs, CSK is the IPL 2021 champions. It was their fourth championship, and they were just one point behind the Mumbai Indians.
CSK Team 2023 IPL Players List
CSK Team 2023 IPL Retained Players
The IPL Governing Council has stipulated that the maximum number of players that clubs may keep is four for the 2023 season. In 2023, the IPL will add two more franchises. (from Ahmedabad and Lucknow). In a cash-rich tournament, like the one in IPL 2011, the bulk of the players will be auctioned off, bringing another spectacular auction.
After beating Kolkata Knight Riders by 27 runs, CSK is the IPL 2023 champions. It was their fourth championship, and they were just one point behind the Mumbai Indians. Despite prior suspicions, MS Dhoni, the Yellow Army’s charming luck, is not going away. Dhoni is the longest-serving captain of any team in IPL history, leading the club to four victories.
- Ravindra Jadeja (₹16 crores)
- MS Dhoni (₹12 crores)
- Moeen Ali (₹8 crores)
- Ruturaj Gaikwad (₹6 crores)
Players CSK bought at IPL 2023 Auction:
- Robin Uthappa (₹ 2 crores) – 2021 IPL winning player with CSK, and veteran India batter Robin Uthappa was bought by Chennai for his base price of INR 2 crore.
- Dwayne Bravo (₹ 4.4 crores) – CSK faced stiff competition from Sunrisers Risers Hyderabad, entering into the bidding war, as Delhi Capitals (DC) also joined the bidding war for the Caribbean all-rounder. However, CSK purchased Bravo for INR 4.4 crore, displaying their trust in him.
- Ambati Rayudu (₹ 6.25 crores) – Having registered for the tournament as a wicketkeeper, CSK and DC faced off in the bidding war for the 2021 title-winning player. While SRH joined in at 4.2 crores, CSK took the bid to INR 6.25 crore, before SRH gave up.
- Deepak Chahar (₹ 14 crores) – The 29-year-old all-rounder remained the centre of attraction in the IPL 2023 mega auction as four teams in involved in his bidding before CSK made a late entry and emerged as the highest bidder. While DC opened the bidding, joined by SRh at 2.4 crores, CSK made their first bid at INR 12.5 crore, while facing competition from Rajasthan Royals(RR). CSK looked adamant about letting him go and ended up buying him for INR 14 crore. Chahar became the most expensive bowler in IPL’s history.
- Tushar Deshpande (₹ 4.4 crores): The Mumbai bowler got the big bucks as CSK went after him.
- K.M Asif (₹ 20 Lakh): The right-arm medium pacer from Kerala was bought for his base price.
- Shivam Dube (₹ 4 crores)
- Maheesh Theekshana (₹ 70 Lakh)
- Simarjeet Singh (₹ 20 Lakh)
- Rajvardhan Hangargekar (₹ 1.5 crore)
- Devon Conway (₹ 1 crore)
- Dwaine Pretorius (₹ 50 lakh)
- Mitchell Santner (₹ 1.6 crore)
- Adam Milne (₹ 1.9 crore)
- Subhranshu Senapati (₹ 20 lakh)
- Prashant Solanki (₹ 1.2 crore)
- Mukesh Choudhary (₹ 20 lakh)
- K.Bhagath Varma (₹ 20 lakh)
- Chris Jordan (₹ 3.6 crore)
- C.Hari Nishaanth (₹ 20 lakh)
- N. Jagadeesan (₹ 20 lakh)
CSK Team 2023 Fixtures
|KKR vs CSK||Mar 27||7.30 pm|
|CSK vs MI||Mar 30||7.30 pm|
|CSK vs PBKS||April 5||3.30 pm|
|CSK vs RCB||April 9||7.30 pm|
|CSK vs Ahmedabad||April 12||3.30 pm|
|CSK vs DC||April 15||7.30 pm|
|CSK vs RR||April 18||7.30 pm|
|CSK vs SRH||April 23||3.30 pm|
|CSK vs Lucknow||April 26||7.30 pm|
|KKR vs CSK||April 29||7.30 pm|
|CSK vs MI||May 2||7.30 pm|
|CSK vs PBKS||May 8||7.30 pm|
|RCB vs CSK||May 13||7.30 pm|
|DC vs CSK||May 17||3.30 pm|
CSK 2023 Details
To remain consistent, Chennai Super Kings will need to rebuild their core roster in the next IPL seasons to stay consistent. MS Dhoni, the CSK captain, may retire from the IPL next season. Keeping this in mind, CSK will need to assemble a core group to help them maintain their winning streak in the next IPL seasons. Hugh Edmeades has been announced as the auctioneer for the IPL Mega Auction in 2023. He’ll be auctioning for the fourth time in a row in the IPL. The BCCI has decided to hold the IPL 2023 mega auction in Bangalore on February 12 and 13. Check out the IPL 2023 squads for all ten teams and their purse values and retained players.
The third One-Day International (ODI) between India and the West Indies will be on February 12 in Kolkata. Odisha Chennai Super Kings captain Subhranshu Senapati has requested trials for the IPL 2023 season. “MS Dhoni is eager to obtain a lower price in the retention as he wishes other players to have better deals,” according to a report. Check out the specifics of the IPL 2023 mega auction live stream.
About CSK Team
The Chennai Super Kings (CSK) is a Tamil Nadu-based franchise cricket team. They are members of the Indian Premier League (IPL). The squad was founded in 2008 and plays its home games at Chennai’s M. A. Chidambaram Stadium. Chennai Super Kings Cricket Ltd owns the team, and India Cements is a key shareholder. The club was suspended from the IPL for two years, beginning in July 2015 owing to their owners’ participation in the 2013 IPL betting scandal, but won the trophy in their return season in 2018. Mahendra Singh Dhoni leads the squad, which Stephen Fleming coaches.
They are the current IPL champions, having won the season in 2021. CSK became India’s first unicorn sports firm in January 2023. The Super Kings have won the IPL four times and have the best match victory % of any team in the competition. They have the most playoff appearances (eleven) and final appearances (nine) in the IPL. In addition, in 2010 and 2014, they won the Champions League Twenty20. The Super Kings have a brand value of about 732 crores (nearly $104 million) in 2019, making them one of the most expensive IPL franchises.