Obtaining a driving license (DL) in Gujarat is a pretty easy job, provided you are well aware of the procedure that you need to go through. The driving license is a mandatory document is to be carried by anyone using a motor vehicle on public roads of Gujarat. In this post, we give you a guide on how to obtain a driving licence in Gujarat, other than also telling you how to get an international driving permit and the process of renewing the driving license in Gujarat.
|ડ્રાઇવિંગ લાયસન્સ ઓનલાઇન કેવી રીતે કઢાવાય|
Types of Driving Licence (DL) in Gujarat (GJ)
Gujarat (GJ) Driving Licence (DL) – Eligibility Criteria
- To apply for a driving licence, one needs to meet the following criteria-
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have a learner’s license
- Must submit an application for obtaining a permanent driving license only after 30 days or within 180 days of obtaining a learner’s license.
- Must know of all the traffic rules
- Must be a minimum of 20 years old if applying for a commercial driving license.
Documents Required for Driving Licence in Gujarat
- Birth Certificate
- Educational certificate
- Ration card
- Voter’s ID
- LIC policy bond
- Application form 4
- Application form 5 in case of applying for a commercial driving license
- Original learner’s license
- Three passport size photographs
How to Apply for Driving Licence Offline in Gujarat?
- Visit the nearest RTO and obtain an application form
- The above application form can be also downloaded from the official website and the printed copy needs to be submitted at the RTO.
- Fill the following details:
- Full Name
- Father’s Name
- Residential Address
- Educational Qualification
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Blood Group
- Identification Mark
- Submit address proof, age proof and passport-size photos.
- You will get an appointment for the first round of the test where your knowledge of traffic rules will be tested.
- After passing the test, a learner’s license will be issued. One is required to apply for a permanent driving licence after a minimum of 30 days and a maximum of 180 days.
How to Apply for Driving Licence Online in Gujarat?
- Go to rtogujarat.gov.in and download the application form and print it
- Submit the filled form at the RTO nearest to your residence
- Submit all the above-mentioned documents
- You will get a slot for the driving test
- On passing the test, you will obtain your license in 2 to 3 weeks
- Visit the official website of the Transport Department of Gujarat
- Click on ‘DL and LL registration’ option.
- A new page will load, in which, click on ‘Know your application status’.
- Enter your application number
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button and you will be shown the status of your application.
Steps to check driving licence status online through the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways official website:
- Visit parivahan.gov.in.
- Click on ‘Driving license-related services’.
- Select the state you reside in.
- On the new page that loads, click on ‘Verify status’ option
- Enter your application number and date of birth.
- Fill in the correct captcha code.
- You will be shown the status of your driving license.
How to Apply for a Duplicate Driving Licence in Gujarat?
- Application form LLD
- FIR copy will be required if the DL is stolen
- Challan clearance report given by the traffic police in case of commercial driving license
- Form 1
- Copy of Age and address proof documents.
- Copy of Original licence
- License number if the license is stolen
- The photocopied documents are required to be attested by a gazetted officer or notary public.
IMPORTANT LINK :
ડ્રાઈવિંગ ટેસ્ટ માટે ધ્યાન માં રાખવા જેવી બાબતો
- HSRP વાળી નંબર પ્લેટ હોવી ફરજિયાત છે. તેના વગર ટેસ્ટ આપવા ની મંજુરી નહીં મળે.
- જો તમારી પાસે HSRP વાળી નંબર પ્લેટ નથી તો તમે આ રીતે અરજી કરી શકો છો
- હેલ્મેટ પહેરવું ફરજિયાત છે. હેલ્મેટ તમારે સાથે લઈ જવાનું રહેશે
- જે ગાડી માં તમે ટેસ્ટ આપવાના છો તેમાં બંને બાજુ અરીસા હોવા ફરજિયાત છે.
- ગાડી માં indicator ચાલુ હોવા જરૂરી છે